It’s been a few weeks since I posted on my weight loss. For any new readers, I started at 160 pounds and my goal is to get to 130. I’ve been going to the gym, and seeing a nutritionist since December.
The process has been slow but steady, with me losing about 1.0 – 1.5 pounds a week. Right now, I’m proud to say I’m down to 140 pounds. 20 pounds down, just 10 pounds left to go.
Here’s a list of weight loss victories from the past month or so:
- My favorite jeans (size 12) are now officially too big for me to wear. I need to get a picture of how saggy they are!
- My 2 favorite denim skirts no longer fit. This is exciting but also sad, because I wore them every weekend!
- My wedding ring needs to be resized.
- I can now fit into a cute sequined tank top I got for Christmas. In December, it wouldn’t even go over my shoulders.
- When we went to Holbox last weekend, the other guests at our hotel were mostly thin Europeans. Normally I would have felt huge by comparison in my bathing suit, but I was pleased to notice that I felt like I fit in with all the thin girls.
- This morning I noticed for the first time that I have lower back dimples. Who knew?
- My favorite dress is a colorful halter-top dress, but it always made me feel “mannish” because of my chubby arms and wide frame. I wore it to a wedding recently and felt great!
- This week, I was able to fully resist the nacho chips at my favorite restaurant for the 1st time.
Obviously these are all small victories, but they’re what keep me going!
Unfortunately for the next few months, I’ll be walking around in clothes that don’t fit me very well. There are no pants or denim skirts I can wear, so I’m stuck with a few remaining skirts and summer dresses until I get to my goal weight and can finally go shopping!!
**Note: 160 pounds is NOT fat. Many women look amazing and are incredibly healthy at 160 pounds and up. (I know several.) It all depends on your height and body type. I just don’t happen to be one of those women who looks trim and gorgeous at 160 pounds. 130 pounds is my goal weight according to my nutritionist (based on percent body fat and my body type), but it may not be the most attractive or the most healthy weight for other girls.